How to Add Your Address in Google Map shows the satellite view of the location you want to look for. An address is used to indicate the location of the place on the Map. You can add physical addresses to make them searchable on maps. The map brings to you the satellite view using the Google Earth data. You can publicly add places, like a business or landmark, to the map.
Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go – no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
• Review places you’ve visited. Add photos, missing roads and places.
Starting from measuring the distance to providing directions, it helps users in a variety of ways. If an address is set, all you need to do is save for further use, so it guides you from your house or workplace. This means you won’t have to manually type in your address to find your way.
Here is how to mark your home address in Google Maps:
- Launch the Google Maps app and make sure you’re signed in to your Google account.
- Type the word “Home” in the search bar.
- Select the word “Home” as it appears from the drop-down menu in Google’s search results.
- You should then see a prompt from Google asking if you’d like to set your home location.
- Then tap on “Add.”
- Type in your home address. When you’re finished, that location will appear on the map.
- To save your work location in Google Maps, repeat the same steps above by typing the word “Work” instead of “Home” in the search bar.
how to mark your home address in Google Maps: Option 2
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app Maps.
- Tap Saved Save place. Under “Your lists,” tap Labeled.
- Choose Home or Work.
- Enter the address.