Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS) under National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) in the year 2007. IGNOAPS also called as National Old Age Pension Scheme (NOAPS). The old age pension scheme aims to provide social protection to the eligible beneficiaries. In this article, we look at the Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme in detail.
National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP)
National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) provides social assistance benefits to poor households in India such as old age person, widow and disability person. NSAP key objective is to ensure social protection to its beneficiaries in India.
Features of Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
Key features of Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme are discussed below.
- Under IGNOAP scheme, senior citizens of India will receive monthly pension.
- Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme is a non-contribution pension. It means that the beneficiary does not have to contribute any amount to receive the pension.
The following criteria should be met to obtain Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension.
- The age of the applicant should be 60 years or higher. (It is applicable for both male & female).
- Applicant must belong to household living below poverty line according to the criteria prescribed by the Government.
- Applicant must be destitute and having no regular source of financial support form family members or any other sources is eligible for old age pension.
- BPL widows and BPL persons with severe and multiple disabilities in the age group of 60 -79 years are not eligible for this scheme.
Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Amount
Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Amount for senior citizen is as below:
|S.No||Age of BPL Citizen||IGNOA Pension Amount|
|1||60 years to 79 years||Rs.200 per month|
|2||80 years and above||Rs.500 per month|
The documents required for apply Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme are as follows:
- Application form for IGNOAP
- Proof of age – The age certificate needs to be obtained from the concern medical officer and to be attested by the concerned Block medical officer.
- Income certificate to be submitted
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) card in the name of Applicant should be submitted.
- Bank pass book or Post office passbook
- Passport size photographs
Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Application Procedure
The eligible persons can apply for Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension by following below mentioned steps.
Note: There are different procedures and official websites for applying online for different states.
To apply immediately in rural areas visit your Social Welfare Department and in urban areas, visit your District Social Welfare Officer.
Step 1: Get an application form from Social Welfare Department in the concerned area.
Step 2: Fill all information in the Application form.
- State, District and Block details
- Name of the village Panchayat
- Name of Society, Beneficiary and Heirs
- House number
- Gender (Male / Female)
- Age and Date of Birth
- Birth certificate details
- Annual income and domicile certificate details.
- EPIC number (Voter ID number)
Sample Copy of Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Application is given here.
Step 3: Submit the application form along with all documents to the concerned Tehsil Social Welfare Officers. An applicant from urban area can directly submit the application to concern District Social Welfare Officer.
Step 4: Application will be scrutinized or verified by officers
Step 5: Social Welfare department will recommend the beneficiaries to District Social Welfare Officer.
Step 6: The final sanction will be made by District Level Sanctioning Committee (DLSC).
Track your Application Online
You can track your application by simply visiting NASP official website.
Step 1: Visit the home page of NASP.
Step 2: Click on More reports from the main page.
Step 3: Select the Application Track option from the next page
Step 4: Enter your application number and click on search
Status of Application will be displayed.
Mode of Payment of Pension Amount
The old age pension amount will be credited to the beneficiary bank account or post office account as per the information furnished by Applicant.
Old Age Pension Payment Details Online
To find pension payment details online, select Pension Payment Details from NASP web page.
You can get details by entering sanction order number or application number or by proving mobile number and applicant name.
If you are selecting name option, then you have to select corresponding state and district from the drop down menu.
Check Old Age Pension Scheme Beneficiaries List
To check the Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme Beneficiaries List, follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: In the NASP web portal, select Beneficiary search option from the menu given.
Step 2: Select your State District Municipality, Grama Panchayat or Ward from the drop down menu.
Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme Beneficiaries list will appear on the screen.